Building a consistent workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is not always enjoyable. We do it principally for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only provides a diversion but also generates the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be valuable for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a workout partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to carry a conversation with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are worthwhile gym equipment, but you may be concerned about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dust and moisture to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!